Sexual + Reproductive Health Program Coordinator
Essential Access Health is seeking a Sexual + Reproductive Health Program Coordinator to support the expansion of current STD Prevention initiatives. The SRH Coordinator will serve as the primary liaison to health care providers enrolled in Essential Access Health’s Patient-Delivered Partner Therapy (PDPT) program. This person is responsible for conducting outreach and training, providing technical support to diverse health care providers on issues related to STD prevention, and supporting program evaluation activities.
Learn more at www.essentialaccess.org.
This position is located in the Los Angeles office.
Essential Access is a statewide organization that champions and promotes quality sexual and reproductive health care for all. Essential Access achieves their mission through an umbrella of programs and services including advanced clinical research, provider training, clinic support initiatives, advocacy and consumer awareness. Incorporated in 1968, Essential Access has offices in Northern and Southern California with 70 employees and an organizational budget of $25 million.
Essential Access funds family planning and reproductive health services for low-income and uninsured clients through 65 health care organizations collectively, operating nearly 345 health centers serving more than one million women, men and teens annually in 38 of California’s 58 counties. As the sole administrator of California’s leading Title X (ten) federal family planning program, the nation’s largest Title X system, Essential Access’ provider network includes a broad spectrum of service organizations, including federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), city and county health departments, stand-alone family planning health centers, school-based clinics and community health centers.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Engage and recruit diverse health care providers to participate in the PDPT program
- Assist in the implementation of the PDPT program throughout Los Angeles County
- Facilitate training, technical assistance, quality improvement and evaluation activities to improve PDPT program and outcomes
- Conduct program implementation, analysis and evaluation
- Support key partnerships to expand and develop sexual + reproductive health programs and opportunities for further organizational collaboration
- Additional duties, as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- BA/BS required and at least two years equivalent experience working in community health promotion and/or clinical settings. Master’s Degree (MPH/MPA or similar field) preferred.
- Experience conducting project administration/program coordination in a community health and/or clinical setting.
- Knowledge of epidemiology, community health promotion, clinic systems and working with clinicians in a clinical setting.
- Knowledge of sexual and reproductive health care.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and within close timelines.
- Experience with public speaking in both community based settings and health care providers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with digital technology platforms and online tools
- Strong interpersonal and customer services skills
- Competence in Microsoft Word for Windows, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Able to travel up to 20% of time.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team setting with diverse groups.
- Commitment to Essential Access Health’s mission of championing and promoting quality sexual + reproductive health care for all
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume and salary requirements to:
Essential Access Health
Attn: HR Department
3600 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 600
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Email: [email protected]
Essential Access offers a competitive salary + benefits. Essential Access is an M/F, Disabled, and Vet EEO/AA Employer.